Ronak Kothari is the founder of RONKOT, a full-service digital marketing agency.
A report states that more than 90% of households in the US use air conditioning equipment. This has become one of the leading drivers stressing the need for HVAC services in the region.
No wonder, the global HVAC services market is expected to reach $16.56 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 6.4%.
While the growing HVAC sector offers massive business opportunities for companies, the competition is equally fierce.
Generating authentic and quality HVAC leads is crucial for businesses to thrive.
What’s noteworthy is reports affirm that 97% of customers learn about a company online more than other sources. So, traditional marketing tactics can’t help HVAC business owners break through today’s competitive marketplace. Businesses need to build a solid online presence for HVAC lead generation.
In this post, we will share five powerful ways for businesses to establish a prominent digital presence and generate quality HVAC leads, thereby ensuring a positive ROI.
#1: Optimize Your Existing HVAC Website
Over 50% of consumers use Google to find brands.
However, getting discovered by the target audience in the sea of 1.8 billion websites can be tricky. So, earning top rankings in Google SERPs (search engine result pages) is pivotal for businesses.
Well-optimized websites have higher chances of appearing on top of the SERPs than others. So, website optimization can help improve a brand’s online visibility and boosts its chances of getting clicked by prospects, thereby increasing relevant traffic.
The crucial factors to achieving top rankings on Google include high-quality content, mobile-first indexing, seamless user experience, fast page loading speed, on-page optimization, and more.
Improving these factors to gain top rankings in Google SERP is known as search engine optimization (SEO).
So, an SEO-optimized website can help HVAC businesses reach their target audience and capture and convert quality HVAC leads.
Here are a few effective tactics to consider.
- Statistics state that 57% of web traffic comes via mobile devices.
So, create a mobile-responsive HVAC website design. Adding too many graphical elements, such as imagery, videos, and more can confuse website visitors. So, keep your HVAC website clutter-free.
Draw inspiration from the homepage of Carrier. Notice their sophisticated and clutter-free UX design.
- A report states that website page speed impacts the buying decision of 70% of customers. So, ensure that your website doesn’t take more than a couple of seconds to load.
- A study by HubSpot reveals that including personalized calls to action (CTA) converts 202% better than others. So, engage your customers with personalized CTAs. For instance, share discounts, offers, and other incentives to drive HVAC lead generation.
- According to reports, 93% of businesses enhanced brand awareness, while 87% achieved a high ROI by sharing video content. Hence, embedding helpful and interactive videos on your website can lead to customer engagement, thereby helping HVAC lead generation.
For instance, see how Bryant shares videos to guide customers to save energy.
- Online reviews and testimonials influence the purchase decisions of around 93% of consumers. So, encourage happy customers to share HVAC service reviews.
ProSkill Services, which offers HVAC solutions in Arizona, has over 800 Facebook recommendations and 3,000+ Google reviews with a 5-star rating. Check out how they have shared positive reviews on their website to generate HVAC leads.
- Share high-quality content on your HVAC website. It should reflect Google’s E-A-T (Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness) parameters. Include niche-specific keywords to help search engines determine the relevancy of your page for search queries. The key is to share content that resolves user search queries.
Observe Goodman HVAC‘s blog post. Their content is high quality and addresses user queries.
Pro Tip: Invest in Local SEO to Attract Authentic HVAC Leads
Local SEO refers to the practice of optimizing a business website to rank at the top of Google SERPs geographically. The process involves local keyword optimization, updating Google Business Profile, building high-quality pages for local regions, and more.
Why is local SEO worth practicing for HVAC businesses?
A survey reveals that 93% of customers use online searches to find a local business. As searches with local intent are high, local SEO practices can help you target local regions and boost your HVAC business visibility.
Check out this guide on local SEO optimization for HVAC companies. This post explains actionable local SEO tips to help you understand how to get free HVAC leads.
#2: Offer Virtual Estimates and Free Consultation
Offering virtual estimates and free consultations can speed up HVAC lead generation.
No wonder, leading HVAC service providers like Foltz and Sons Electrical and Heating offers virtual estimates.
The key reason is that virtual consultation saves clients and HVAC companies time.
It allows professionals to review the HVAC equipment and duct layout online. Depending on their condition, they can share service charges without visiting the site for an initial consultation.
Here are a few aspects to consider.
- Requisite: Add a simple contact form on the website to allow visitors to request virtual consultations.
Wagner Mechanical’s virtual estimates landing page is a perfect example.
Notice how it offers an online scheduling form with a phone number. The customers can connect to their team via any method. Besides, the page has customer reviews as social proof of their exemplary services. This is one of the best ways to get HVAC leads.
- During the Consultation: Address the clients’ challenges by sharing helpful information. Don’t promote your services and products. Instead, focus on clients’ requirements.
- Post-Consultation: Share helpful material and price estimation over email after the online call. Follow up with the prospects frequently. This can increase the chances of conversion.
#3: Boost Your Social Media Game
According to the latest Global Statshot report:
- 57.6% of the global population uses social media.
- The average time a user spends on social media is 2 hours 27 minutes.
- An individual uses an average of 7 social media channels.
These statistics reveal why boosting social media presence makes complete business sense.
With an effective social media strategy, you can increase brand awareness and generate HVAC service leads hassle-free.
Here are a few tips to up your social media game for the HVAC lead generation.
- For HVAC business owners, social media channels like Quora (300+ million users) and Reddit (48+ million users) can be more helpful than others. Unlike platforms like Facebook and Instagram, the audience on these channels proactively searches for business-specific information.
Notice how industry experts use Quora to share their knowledge. This helps them increase brand awareness and generate HVAC leads.
- Ensure the content you share is high quality. For instance, use imagery with high resolution. Similarly, ensure to make videos on compelling themes that can engage the viewers.
- Humanize your HVAC brand voice. Make your tone trustworthy, relatable, and approachable. The posts you share on social media should offer a human-like feel to the audience.
Observe the following Tweet of One Hr Heating & Air.
Notice how this HVAC brand shares helpful tips to engage the audience. This approach can help you build a meaningful relationship with the customers.
- Run Ask Me Anything (AMA) sessions to help prospects understand your HVAC services. Invite expert speakers from the HVAC industry and allow the audience to interact with them in real-time. This can help the audience understand your HVAC services better.
- Run paid ads to give your content a good boost, thereby maximizing your reach and brand awareness. Consider KPIs, such as views, likes, shares, and more, and gauge your content’s traction.
Pro Tip: Count on tools like Sprout Social and Hootsuite to create quality content, schedule posts, create advertisements, and track the audience’s response. This will help you create a winning social media presence.
Check out this post for more helpful tips on leveraging the power of social media for businesses.
#4: Run Targeted Email Marketing Campaigns
Research predicts that worldwide email users will cross 4.3 billion by 2023.
So, running targeted email marketing campaigns can be an effective way to reach the target audience.
What does targeted email marketing mean?
Unlike traditional email marketing practices where businesses send regular emails to their services, targeted email campaigns involve using customers’ data, such as their profile data, location, behavior, interests, and more, and create customized emails.
Segmentation allows businesses to share relevant messages to the clients, thereby boosting the chances of HVAC lead generation and conversion.
For instance, you can send customized emails based on the customer’s purchase history.
Consider the following email template.
Our offer is ending soon.
Get a 20% discount on the following HVAC services
Heat Pump RepairingAir Conditioner RepairingHeat Pump Repairing
Visit this link for more details: xyzexample.com
Thanks so much!
XYZ HVAC Provider
Notice how it reminds an existing customer to repair their air conditioner, heat pump, and other services. Customers who have installed and need repairing services are likely to respond.
Here are a few tips for running targeted email marketing campaigns.
- Implement email forms on your website to create an authentic HVAC prospect list.
Count on tools like Qualaroo to create and deploy user-friendly forms to build an email list. The advanced targeting feature of this tool allows HVAC businesses to trigger the form at the right time based on visitors’ activities.
This maximizes the chance of getting a positive response from the users.
- Captivating subject lines can help boost email opening rates. This can improve the chances of HVAC leads generation.
Here’s the proof –
Jupiter-Tequesta, an HVAC firm, once used the email subject line: “We Miss You!”
This simple subject line resonated with their target audience and helped them generate an ROI of $4,000 within a week.
- Craft a clear-cut message to highlight the value proposition of your HVAC services.
- Track crucial metrics like email opening rates, click-through rate (CTR), bounce rate, and lead generation rate to analyze the effectiveness of your HVAC email campaign
- Clean up your email lists at frequent intervals to remove inactive email contacts.
Pro Tip: Get in touch with Ronkot, a full-service digital marketing agency specializing in email marketing and other digital marketing streams. Their professionals can help you turn your emails into an HVAC lead generation machine. Besides, they can guide you on how to get HVAC customers, thereby resolving your key pain point.
#5: Empower Your Sales Team with the Right Tech Stack
The sales team is the main point of contact between an HVAC brand and its customers.
They identify and address prospects’ pain points by offering the right solutions, thereby generating HVAC leads. Besides, they assist clients in the post-sales phase with exemplary services and nurture long-term relationships.
However, prospecting and managing silos of customers’ data can be draining.
So, implementing the right tech stack is crucial to empower your sales team. The right sales tools can help them streamline daily operations, gain in-depth customer insights, and manage HVAC leads and sales records on a centralized platform.
They can leverage vital insights for cross-selling and up-selling opportunities. This can help them build long-term relationships with the customers.
A report stated that sales professionals that use the right tech stack and automation tools were 14% more successful than others. So, HVAC companies should focus on implementing sales-specific tools.
Here are a few questions to help you analyze sales team challenges and requirements.
- HVAC lead generation, increasing website traffic, or engagement – What are the top priorities of your sales team?
- What sales tools are they using at present?
- Do the existing tech-stack offer end-to-end support for HVAC sales processes?
The answers to these questions can help you select and deploy the best tools to speed up your sales processes.
For instance, some organizations need HVAC sales training software to train their employees to deliver peak performance during interactions. So, they can opt for state-of-the-art tools like Service Hero Academy, the leading HVAC sales training app.
With this HVAC sales app, your team can learn tacking everyday sales issues and help take your business to the next level.
A prominent digital presence is pivotal to building a successful HVAC business. As mentioned above in the post, enhanced online visibility can help you acquire new customers, generate leads, and boost conversion.
So, implement the shared HVAC lead generation tactics and tools to gain a competitive edge in the digital landscape.
Get in touch with us for professional guidance on HVAC lead generation. Our team of experts offers the best digital marketing services that can help your HVAC business grow.