Ronak Kothari is the founder of RONKOT, a full-service digital marketing agency.
According to a report by Allied Market Research, the global roofing industry was valued at $102 billion in 2020 and is projected to reach $156 billion by 2030. What this means is that there are enough opportunities in the market for roofers to get clients who pay well for their skills and expertise.
However, most roofers make the mistake of assuming that their roofing services will sell themselves and that they don’t have to do anything. However, that’s not often the case as you would have to do much of the legwork to find potential clients and convert them.
Also, the world has now moved on to digital ways to find the required information, services, and handymen to do all their work. Building a digital presence starts with a roofing website design that helps sit on top of this thriving industry.
Before I delve into the roofing web design tips, let’s first understand why it’s necessary for roofers to build a website for their business:
Why It’s Necessary for Roofing Companies to Build Visually Appealing Websites?
The website helps you make a great first impression on your roofing prospects. It’s a glue that holds them on your web page and compels them to know more about your brand. Outdated or unappealing websites can negatively impact your roofing business and lead your prospects to competitors.
Understand that digital viewers will associate your website quality and appeal with your work, meaning a poorly designed website will give the impression of substandard quality work.
Thus, designing an elegant and visually appealing website is crucial to yield positive results and generate more conversions. Apart from these, roofing website design offers several benefits as listed below:
- Improves online search visibility
- Boosts local SEO for your roofing business
- Build and instills trust in your potential clients
- Gives you a competitive edge over others
- Helps establish you as a renowned leader in the industry
8 Website Design Tips for Roofing Companies to Boost Conversion Rate
1. Remove Clutter To Engage Clients From Above the Fold
The first principle of web design to abide by is incorporating minimalism wherever possible, especially above the fold. Minimalism is the practice to design a website using minimal elements to create a WOW effect.
It ensures your website is clutter-free and eye-catching for viewers to engage instantly. Also, above the fold is where most people get compelled to check your website further or bounce off. Thus, here are a few things to make your website clutter-free:
- Choose an attractive color palette and limit color usage to 3 at once
- Make your website navigation intuitive
- Experiment with fonts but limit them to 2
- Leave a lot of empty or white space
2. Keep Things Simple & Visual
The more you research roofing web design, the more it gets complex for you to determine what principles to use for design and development. Regardless of what everyone says, you must remember only one principle and that is to keep things simple yet visually appealing.
As described, no one likes to browse complicated and cluttered websites that do not have an ounce of visual appeal. Keeping things simple is all about eliminating all the possible distractions and can visually speak to your visitors.
Here’s how you can keep things simple yet visually appealing:
- Use elements with high visual prominence above the fold and low visual prominence below the fold
- Visuals like images, videos, and graphics should have unique colors and stark contrast
- They should be surrounded by appropriate white space for keeping things simple
- Think from visitors’ perspectives and make your roofing website design as frictionless and engaging as possible
3. Offer Free Quotes & Virtual Consultation
Another way to make your visitors engage and explore your roofing website is by offering irresistible offers. Many of your clients would want to know how much investment they’d have to make before they go out and award the project.
You need to understand that, most often customers are trying to find the best deal possible and a CTA that offers just that would help them take the next step. Also, offer a free virtual consultation to clear all the doubts and queries prospects may have before conversion.
Offering such features would help you stand out from the herd and compel users to try out your services.
4. Boost Design Responsiveness for Web & Mobile
The technological revolution has also brought forth various devices that visitors can use to access your roofing website. Users today, do not only use computers to access the web but also use smartphones, tablets, and others too.
As per the latest Statcounter report, mobile devices hold over 60% market share while desktops have only 37%. What this means is you need a responsive roofing website design that adapts to all the screen sizes and form factors relentlessly.
Here’s how you can ensure your website is responsive for web and mobile:
- Ensure there are sufficient breakpoints to your website content and design
- Ask your web design team to use a fluid grid to set your web elements in proportions
- Design websites keeping touchscreens in mind
5. Optimize for the Page Experience
From onward March 2022, Google has implemented a page experience update to the entire web to determine the ranking on its search result pages. Improving search rankings is not only necessary from the SEO standpoint but also from the users.
A high page experience score means users will have a great experience browsing your website which reduces the bounce rate. Apart from higher SERP rankings, preparing your website for page experience will help increase traffic and conversions.
Here’s what you should optimize to improve your page experience score:
- Core Web Vitals
- Largest Contentful Paint (LCP)
- First Input Delay (FID)
- Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS)
- Website security with HTTPS
- Removing intrusive interstitials
6. Add FAQ & ‘Why Choose Us’ Section
Another pivotal point to keep in mind while designing websites for roofers is providing necessary information and triggers that boost conversion. Adding a dedicated section for FAQs is a great way to handle user queries without putting much load on your support team.
You can go a step further by incorporating the ‘Why Choose Us’ section to highlight your strengths and skills. Here’s an example of the same:
It’ll act as a conversion booster and reduce any friction from the conversion path. Anything that stands between your visitors and conversions is friction and your website’s job is to minimize that as much as possible.
Here’s how you can reduce friction with FAQs & Why Choose Us:
- Don’t overload visitors with too much information at once
- Ensure that you provide necessary information helpful for users to move ahead in the sales funnel
- Utilize the People Also Ask section from Google to find frequently asked questions by users
- Highlight the points and strengths why one should choose your roofing business
7. Build Trust with Real Testimonials
One of the greatest mistakes roofers make is burying all the real testimonials deep inside the website where users can’t find them. Ask your web design team to create a dedicated page to feature all the client testimonials or dedicate a section on the home page.
Doing so eases the property owners to trust your roofing company for all their roof installation needs. Real and honest testimonials are the surefire way to build credibility for your roofing business.
Here’s how you can utilize them to their full potential:
- Add testimonials to all the relevant service pages
- Create a dedicated page for reviews to showcase your client testimonials
- Share testimonials across your social networks
8. Post “Before and After” Photo Gallery
One last element that further adds charm to your roofing website design is adding Before and After photos of your projects. It’s one thing to promise quality work and another to show how you can do an excellent job that wins over the customer’s trust.
Before and After photos of your roofing installation is the perfect way for your clients to know what they can expect once the work is done. These photos are proof that you have been doing an excellent job for your clients and will do so for your next ones too.
Moreover, showing the entire project from start to finish is a powerful way to tell a story, and you must leverage it for your roofers website design.
These roofing web design tips will help you establish a unique impression on your visitors and gain as many leads and conversions as possible. Ask your web designing team to incorporate the above-mentioned useful tips when designing your roofing website.
Don’t have a web design team? Well, you can hire Ronkot for all your web design needs. We have a team of experienced professionals with ironclad proficiency to design and develop pixel-perfect roofing websites. The adroit team of developers at Ronkot possesses the necessary knowledge and expertise to design sleek and visually appealing websites.
Get in touch with us to consult our team of experts for all your roofing website design needs and get your favorite cup of hot beverage from us.