Ronak Kothari is the founder of RONKOT, a full-service digital marketing agency.
Is your carpet cleaning business struggling to find enough local clients?
A recent study found that 96% of consumers start their research online regardless of where they decide to purchase. Moreover, the study also revealed that 67% of consumers trust local businesses more than internet-only companies.
Since you’d primarily get most of your business from nearby customers, it’s a must for you to do everything in your power to optimize your local online presence. You need to adopt regional-focused SEO marketing for carpet cleaners that organically boost your rankings on search result pages.
But what does local SEO for carpet cleaners mean and why is it important? Let’s have a look at some benefits of local SEO:
Importance & Benefits of Local SEO for Carpet Cleaners
Just like SEO helps digital businesses get more traffic, CTR, and conversions on a national or global scale, local SEO helps small region-bound businesses get more traction in their local area. It helps increase visits from potential clients that are interested in your cleaning services.
Another benefit of incorporating local SEO is you can stand out from the rest of the competition to gain significant market share. With the help of SEO experts, you can build relevancy, credibility, and reputation in your target region.
Not only does it help you bring more qualified leads but also potential clients who may act as stepping stones for the success of your carpet cleaning business. Here are some benefits of local SEO for carpet cleaners:
- Local Visibility: Learning and implementing carpet cleaning SEO helps boost your Google business listing to appear in the local pack.
- Authority: With the right execution of local carpet cleaning marketing strategies, you can build reliability and authority for your brand. The better authority and credibility your business gets, the higher you rank on search result pages.
- Cost-efficient: Since local SEO for carpet cleaners focuses only on getting regional clients, you won’t be spending money on fruitless marketing or advertising, making it cost-efficient to acquire new clients.
6 Step Process for Carpet Cleaning Companies to Boost Local SEO for High Conversion
1. Find & Optimize for Relevant Carpet Cleaning Keywords
Improving your search presence starts with brainstorming and optimizing your website or a listing with relevant carpet cleaning SEO keywords. Here are 4 different groups of keywords to optimize your website for:
People use such keywords when they want information about your carpet cleaning services. Though these keywords don’t bring conversion, they do have high search volume to bring visitors and build authority. Here are a few examples of the same:
- Carpet cleaning methods
- What is carpet shampooing
- Wet, dry, or DIY carpet cleaning
- Stream or chemical carpet cleaning
Navigational keywords include terms searchers use to find your brand. Here, the searchers may know about you or want to have a look at your website or visit your location. Here are a few examples of the same:
- Carpet cleaners near downtown Dallas
- Company name + Facebook/Instagram/YouTube
- Company name (website)
Such types of keywords reveal the intent behind the searcher’s query for your carpet cleaning services. Here, they’d want to know more about your services and compare them with similar ones to make the final decision. Here are a few examples:
- Affordable rug cleaning services
- Best-reviewed carpet cleaning service providers
Transactional keywords have strong purchase intent and should be included in pages where users can take immediate action. Here are a few examples:
- Best carpet cleaners near me
- Cheap carpet cleaners in Dallas
- Floor stripping and waxing providers
2. Improve On-Page Optimization for High Rankings
On-page optimization is essentially optimizing your website’s homepage & service pages with the above-mentioned keywords and structuring it in a way for Google to rank it high. If you don’t already have a website, you can build one with the help of a web development team to expand your reach.
Now, let’s see steps for on-page optimization:
- Optimize URL: The URLs should be short and keyword rich written in lowercase letters with words separated by dashes. Here’s an example:
- Structure Website with Headings: Google loves structured websites with proper headings, giving you the reason to do so with H1, H2, H3… headings. For instance, you can assign H1 to the main title of a page and H2, H3… etc. to the rest.
- Optimize Title & Meta Tags with Keywords: The title and meta tags are powerful indicators of what your page is about, making them perfect to insert a primary keyword.
- Optimize the Body Content: Make sure each web page has enough body content, possibly over 400-500 words. Use primary, its variations, and long-tail keywords sparingly and naturally. Avoid keyword stuffing at all costs.
3. Eliminate Technical SEO Bottlenecks
Technical SEO is about improving the accessibility of your website so that customers can easily access your site through the web, mobile, or any other means they deem fit. Thus, it’s essential to remove any bottlenecks for improved online accessibility and presence.
Here’s how you can do so:
- Use Structured Data: Structured data like LocalBusiness Schema Markup are particularly helpful to mark up important elements such as address, phone number, ratings, reviews, and others.
- Improve Page Load Speed & Mobile-friendliness: As per the new Google Page Experience Algorithm Update, page load speed and mobile-friendliness are important local SEO ranking factors. So, consider improving them for your website.
- Reduce Crawl Errors: Using Google Search Console, you can find if there are any crawl errors like 4XX or 3XX for your site and remove them for improved visibility.
- Implement Sitemap & Robot.txt: XML sitemaps help search engine bots discover new pages to crawl, index, and rank while the Robot.txt file helps it to understand what pages to crawl and what not to. Adding such files increases the speed for search engines to crawl your website.
4. Build Local Presence with Google Business Profile
Google Business Profile is a free tool for small business service providers to build a local presence and get more clients. Creating a GBP profile will help your carpet cleaning business appear in the Map search as well as a normal search function.
Here’s a step-by-step process to build a local presence with GBP:
- Add & Verify Your Business: First thing you want to do is add or claim your business listing and verify it through the available methods.
- Select the Categories: Google offers to select one primary category, however, you can assign multiple subcategories so it can appear for accurate search terms.
- Add NAP Information: The Name, Address, and Phone Number you add to your GBP should be accurate and consistent throughout the internet. Preferably add a local number.
- Include Open Hours & Images: Adding open hours and images of your business can give a further boost to your SEO marketing for carpet cleaners.
- Get Reviews: With great service experience, you want to encourage customers to leave as many reviews as possible. Also, you should make it a habit to reply to all reviews and handle negative reviews effectively.
5. Pay Attention to Your Off-Page SEO
Off-page SEO refers to things that you do off of your website to increase your local presence. This can include building citations and links to increase customer reach.
Here’s how you can do so:
- Citation Building: Similar to GBP listing, you can build citations on several local renowned platforms like Yelp, Angie’s list, Groupon, Facebook, Apple Maps, and others. Make a list of niche-specific directories and platforms to approach citation building.
- Link Building: Backlinks from quality and relevant sources can build authority and credibility for your carpet cleaning business. Thus, you need a formidable link-building strategy to get links from local media houses and other similar businesses.
- Reviews on 3rd-party Sites: Reviews on third-party citations and platforms like Clutch, Trust pilot, Yelp, Google, and others do a lot for convincing your local audience. You want to be on top of the reviews and reply to each one as mentioned earlier.
6. Create Localized Content
Content marketing is one of the important carpeting cleaning marketing strategies. Content prepared keeping the local community as a target audience in mind will go a long way to drive more leads and conversions for your carpet cleaning.
Since you’ll have expert-level knowledge about your niche, you can share the same with your users. Here are a few content types to target local audiences:
- Blog Posts: Create informative blogs that talk about how-tos, tips, and advice visitors would find helpful. Research what common queries your customers have and create content that answers just that.
- Videos: Videos are one of the popular content formats you can leverage to your advantage. Create short, explainer, and engaging videos that help users understand what they expect out of your services.
- Instruction Guides: Instruction guides help users understand the different carpet cleaning methods and aid them in selecting the best suitable one. Prepare the guide sequentially with enough visuals for users to comprehend easily.
Clean Your Competitors Away with Local SEO Experts
SEO for carpet cleaners is a long and overwhelming process considering you would take care of your business. ‘Tis not a one-person job per se, and needs hands of expert professionals like Ronkot that help you with building a local presence.
We are a full-service Dallas-based digital marketing agency specializing in helping small businesses with strategic SEO implementation. Adorned with hands-on knowledge and necessary experience, our team of local SEO experts will help drive better results and bring more customers to your carpet cleaning company.
Get in touch with us to consult our experts for all your carpet cleaning SEO needs and get a complimentary cup of coffee from us.
Frequently Asked Questions
Let’s clear up some doubts about carpet cleaning SEO:
What is Local SEO? Is it beneficial for my carpet cleaning business?
Local SEO for carpet cleaning is an approach to optimize your website and business listings to target and acquire customers from local areas. Small businesses with well optimized local presence will see a spike in their local SEO KPIs and metrics.
Are keywords important to rank on Google search engine result pages (SERPs)? What are some example keywords for carpet cleaning?
Keywords are the search terms your customers use to find your business. Optimizing your pages with such important terms would help you rank better and appear for the right search terms. We have already included some example keywords for carpet cleaning SEO in this blog.
What are backlinks, and how can they help my carpet cleaning business?
Backlinks are links that your website gets from other sites. They are inbound links and have the utmost importance for your business. Links from the quality and relevant sites are authority signs by Google and increase rankings for your carpet cleaning business.
How long does it take to see results from carpet cleaning SEO?
SEO for carpet cleaning is a long process so you won’t just see results in a fortnight. It takes about 3 to 6 months of continuous optimization to see measurable results.
Is Local SEO worth it for my carpet cleaning business?
Since you’d get the most business from the local community or within your city limits, optimizing your carpeting cleaning business for local SEO would be worth it.
What should SEO services cost on average?
The cost of carpet cleaning SEO would depend on several factors such as the existing level of optimization, backlinks to acquire, business profiles to create, and others.
How can I optimize my Google My Business profile?
Google My Business or Google Business Profile optimization starts with selecting the right category to rank for. Next, add vital details like NAP, open hours, images, and services. Also, encourage customers to leave a review and reply to them for highly optimized GBP.