Ronak Kothari is the founder of RONKOT, a full-service digital marketing agency.
Let’s agree, website designing is not only about making it presentable or pretty, it’s also about increasing brand awareness and exposure to generate more leads for your family law firm.
A neatly designed website can help you stand above the rest and draw in the ideal clients. It assists them to make an informed decision based on your online presence. Not having a website means you’re handing off your business to other law firms that do have one.
Today, designing your own branded website is all the more important as it helps clients discover your firm & get solutions for their queries. But when it comes to designing, many firms are fed poor & sluggish websites in the name of engaging and attractive ones.
To ensure this doesn’t happen with you, we have come up with a guide that delves into elements of unique & efficient website design. But before we jump right into them, let’s understand why it’s a better idea to build a website for your firm.
Why Should You Design a Family Law Website?
The predominant reason for building a unique, top-notch, and high-performant website is to bring more visitors and convert them into your clients. It helps your family law firm stay ahead in the competition and essentially be at the forefront when clients seek out legal services.
As per one report, 70% of the law firms have landed new clients through their websites. Another report mentions that 87% of law firms have reported having a website. Thus, if you don’t have one, then your family law firm is missing out on potential clients.
Websites are a place where you can demonstrate your authority, build trust, and showcase expertise to cornerstone your web presence.
Here are a few more reasons to design a website:
- Your website will deliver a unique value proposition to your clients that other lawyers fail to offer.
- You can position your firm as a leader in offering solutions for the main concerns users have.
- Define what services your firm offers and how users can benefit from utilizing your services.
- Makes it easy for customers to reach out to you for any legal matters they need help with.
10 Effective Tips to Make Your Family Law Firm Successful
Tip #1: Select Name, Logo, and other Branding Details Wisely
The name, logo, color patterns, and other branding elements help build brand awareness and recognition for your law firm. It’ll allow your potential prospects to identify your firm and posts shared by you. Let’s see the best example of the same:
By searching online, users may find multiple websites, however, these branding elements help you come on top of the rest of the competition.
Things to Consider for Your Branding
Here are a few things you must consider when choosing branding elements:
- The name & logo should be unique and reflect your family law firm.
- Choose a color scheme that complements your brand image.
- Use colors your target audience can resonate with.
- Ensure your firm logo, name, and website design elements are distinct from the rest of the competition.
- Limit the usage of stock images for your image-heavy family law website.
Tip #2: Write Compelling Content for Your Website & Biography
The content you place on your website helps establish a level of expertise you hold in your arena. The more compelling and expertised content you write, the better your website will be placed on Google local SERPs.
Further, your prospective client would also be interested in knowing more about the attorneys, awards, industry recognition, and cases they have closed. So, it makes sense to write compelling content for your users.
Things to Consider When Writing Content
Let’s see some of the things that you need to consider when writing compelling content & biography:
- Ensure the content on your website is not short or thin.
- Include more supporting images and videos that add value to your website content.
- Create an efficient content marketing strategy that includes writing blogs on various legal matters relevant to your industry.
- Write a biography that compels users to read about your lawyers and get to know them as a person and not just for the awards and accolades they have gained.
Tip #3: List All the Services/Areas of Expertise of Your Law Firm
An essential part of website design is to dedicate a section or a page for the services you offer to your prospective clients. While some get a clear idea of what services you offer from the family law term, others may need a little explanation on the same. Let’s see an example:
Listing all the services would give your clients an idea if your firm is ideal for the situation they are in right now.
Things to Consider When Listing Your Services
Let’s see what things to keep in mind when listing your services:
- List out all the primary family law services such as child support, property division, adoption, divorce, custody & visitation, among others your law firm offers.
- Dedicate a section on the website homepage, make a landing page with a list of all the services, and separate pages for each primary service.
- Before creating separate pages, ensure you have done a thorough keyword research for those pages to appear in relevant Google searches.
Tip #4: Use Call-To-Actions Appropriately
The foremost objective to design a website is to get more leads, offer consultation to clients, and make it easy for them to get in touch with you for any legal matters. Implementing Calls-to-Action on your website ensures users take the next step in order to convert.
They have found their way to your website be it from PPC, SEO, or anything else, now, they need the means to hire your services. And CTAs are the way to do so.
Things to Consider While Implementing CTAs on Your Website
Let’s see a few things about how you can use CTAs appropriately:
- Use multiple CTAs across a single page for facilitating users to schedule a consultation quickly.
- The key pages where CTAs should be implemented are homepages, service pages, landing pages, and attorney profile pages.
- Also, you can include text-based CTAs in your blog posts.
Tip #5: Make it Load Faster & Easy to Use
As per a HubSpot report, the conversion rate drops by 4.42% with each additional sec delay in page load time. Another report found that 1 in 4 users will abandon a website if it takes more than 4 seconds to load.
Visitors steer clear of sluggish and non-responsive websites. In order to generate more traffic, leads, and conversions, you must ask your web design & development team to make your website responsive, fast, and easy to use.
Things to Consider When Improving Page Performance
Here are a few things to consider when designing your website for high performance:
- Use responsive design and templates that adjust web elements according to screen size.
- Find page speed bottlenecks through test tools like PageSpeed Insights.
- Keep your website’s navigation clutter-free for ease of use.
- Utilize whitespace around the website appropriately.
Tip #6: Create Attorney and Staff Profiles to Build Authority
What nudges users to take a step further is how well your attorney and staff profiles are built. These pages typically get higher views and solidify the chances of people converting through your website. Let’s see an example of this:
Creating profiles of attorneys that work in your law firm is a great way to build authority and assure people of the quality work your firm produces.
Things to Consider When Creating Attorney Profiles
Let’s see what things you must pay attention to while creating profiles of your legal department:
- Don’t shy away from listing all the achievements and awards your attorneys have received over the years.
- Write a detailed bio of each attorney highlighting their experiences to build authority.
- Also, create profiles of your paralegals and other legal professional staff to showcase your law firm’s true strength.
Tip #7: Include Testimonials & Reviews from Past Clients to Build Trust
Social proof in the form of testimonials and reviews works like a charm. They are like votes of confidence from people who have previously used your services. Also, as per a report, almost 98% of customers read reviews for local businesses. Let’s see an example of the same:
The testimonial and review section on your website paves the way for clients to hit that compelling CTA. However, it’ll feel a bit awkward for users if they get the idea that they are the first or the only client you have.
Things to Consider When Building Trust through Testimonials & Reviews
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Share your case studies, or ask your clients to leave a generous review of your services.
- In addition to that, also include short testimonials from former customers in your case studies.
- Add a dedicated review section on the homepage along with adding at least 1-3 relevant testimonials on each service page of your family law website.
- Also, record and include video testimonials from your clients to raise the trust factor for your law website.
Tip #8: Address Common Queries & FAQs
Out of all the people coming to your website, many of them will reach out to you or call you on the provided number. However, a few will still have some doubts that need to be addressed before they hit the CTA button.
Here’s an example of the FAQ section:
An FAQ section that answers the common queries users might have regarding their dispute can improve the trust in your law firm. Further, many of the users are likely to make a search online and your job is to be the one that answers those queries satisfactorily.
Things to Consider While Addressing Common Queries
Let’s see a few things to keep in mind:
- Find appropriate space on your homepage and service pages for adding relevant FAQs.
- Write blog posts answering the most common questions users may have about the legal services you offer.
- Integrate an AI Chatbot for real-time query resolution.
Tip #9: Simplify To Reach You Via Call or Contact Form
Let’s say the users have more complex or private matters to consult with that aren’t covered in the FAQ section. Naturally, they feel inclined to reach out to you via call or fill out a contact form for you to contact them.
Your website design should streamline the process of reaching out to you without going through much trouble. Ensure your contact info is easy to find for clients when they need to get in touch with you. Let’s see the best example of the same:
Things to Consider When Adding Contact Info
Here are some things to consider:
- Implement a one-click call CTA on your website.
- Integrate a contact form that only asks for necessary details about the case & contact info of clients.
- Further, you can offer a booking form to schedule a meeting with them on a specific date & time.
Tip 10: Make Your Website SEO-Friendly
Search engine optimization plays a big role in bringing your clients to the doorsteps of your well-designed website. It’s about how you present your website & content to search engines and how well-optimized it is to rank on relevant search terms your clients may use.
SEO is an iterative process and you’d have to continuously put your best efforts to get higher ranks in search engine result pages.
Things to Consider When Optimizing for Higher Search Rankings
Let’s see some tips to master SEO for your small business:
- Follow on-page practices such as keyword optimization in the title, URL, meta description, heading tags, etc.
- Improve and prepare your website for page experience.
- Get quality backlinks from relevant industry websites, directories, and publications for higher authority.
- Create your Google Business Profile to rank well on local SEO searches.
- Or hire a professional SEO team to do the same for you.
Take Your Family Law Firm To the Next Level
The tips highlighted in this article will put you on the right path to designing an effective and well-optimized website for your family law firm. Getting started with creating an engaging and unique website that turns visitors into clients may seem overwhelming at first but with the right help, it’s achievable.
Ronkot team has been helping businesses like yours to get started in the digital realm by offering to design and develop a professional-grade website with appealing UI/UX. We have a dextrous team of designers and developers with rich experience in the web design arena.
Get in touch with us to discuss your web design and development needs with experts and get a complimentary hot cup of coffee from us.